Quality is what drives BBE Laboratory operations every day. In order to substantiate this BBE Laboratory is an ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited laboratory [SANAS Facility Accreditation Number T0496]. Download the certificate here
BBE Laboratory is an ISO 17025:2005 accredited laboratory because the standard has all the requirements that testing and calibration laboratories have to meet in order to demonstrate that:
- they operate a quality system,
- are technically competent, and
- are able to produce technically valid results
Selecting an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory means:
- Acceptable degrees of uncertainty have been established
- All methods are validated
- Results are repeatable and reproducible
- All tests are performed according to written work instructions
- Technicians must complete documented training on each test they perform
- Quality control samples are run frequently to ensure that every result is a quality result
- Proficiency testing is done on a regular basis
- Equipment is properly maintained and calibrated
The schedule of accreditation for BBE Laboratory under ISO/IEC 17025:2005 [SANAS] is:
- Gravimetric analysis of respirable dust and inhalable dust
- Quantitative analysis of respirable quartz and inhalable quartz by:
- XRD Direct-on-Filter
- FT-IR Direct-on-Filter
- FT-IR KBr pellets
- Preparation of KBr pellets.
Proficiency Testing Schemes
To further enhance the strive to maintain the highest level of quality BBE Laboratory regularly participates in proficiency-testing schemes that provide independent verification of the analytical competence of a laboratory and shows a commitment to the maintenance and improvement of performance. It demonstrates that procedures are under control and gives analysts confidence that the service which they provide will withstand scrutiny.
BBE Laboratory has been participating in the national NIOH [National Institute of Occupational Health] External Quality Assurance [EQA] Programme – Respirable Crystalline Silica since Round 2 in 31 October 2008 with good results obtained.
BBE Laboratory has also been participating in the international WASP [Workplace Analysis Scheme for Proficiency] testing hosted by the Health and Safety Laboratory [HSL] in the United Kingdom from Round 81 in April 2009 with a current Performance Index Category of 1 [Highest level].