BBE is a group of specialised professional engineers who are leaders in mine ventilation, refrigeration and cooling.
BBE operates world-wide in all types of mines and provides a comprehensive service from conceptual investigations,through technical feasibility studies, to preparation of detailed engineering designs
- BBE management are totally committed to this health and safety policy and will ensure that all employees and sub-contractors are aware of the policy and adhere to it.
- BBE is committed to complying with all relevant safety, health and environmental laws, regulations and standards and will not tolerate breaches of these procedures.
- BBE are committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment that is conducive to safety and health.
- BBE sees the management of safety, health and environment as a prime responsibility.
- BBE strives for employee involvement and for consultation with employees to gain commitment in the implementation of these principles.
- BBE will implement safety, health and environmental management systems appropriate to the work performed and will assess the effectiveness of these systems through periodic audits. BBE will comply with the safety management systems of companies we serve.
- BBE will conduct the necessary risk assessments to anticipate, minimize and control safety, health and environmental hazards.
- BBE is committed to providing the resources to enable compliance with these principles.
- BBE will promote initiatives to continuously reduce the safety, health and environmental risks associated with all business activities.
- BBE will set safety, health and environmental objectives and will measure performance against these objectives.
- BBE will monitor the effects of its operational activities on the safety and health of its employees and others and will conduct regular performance reviews.
- BBE will provide all necessary personal protective equipment if and when required.
- BBE will communicate openly on safety, health and environmental issues with employees and other stakeholders.
- BBE will ensure that employees or sub-contractors are appropriately trained and are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- BBE will require all sub-contractors to comply with these principles and will seek to influence joint partners to apply similar standards.